Scoop it is a free content curator where contents are promoted, bookmarked or emailed to users. It can be used to stay in touch with posts from all over the web related to your interest, to bookmark important web pages or driving free traffic to your website.
Understand Scoop it. How it works?
The way the web app works is related to its name, you make content a scoop. It is free to sign up and upon signup, you can create 5 categories to list your best pages or content you scoop. You set up the way you want to get updates. It may be
- From searches engines: each time the exact query is found on searches results, you get suggestions to scoop that content.
- From social networks: You enter you keywords and get notified when people are talking about it on social networks.
- From scoop.it itself: Get suggestions from content scooped by others scoopers and add them to your board.
- From RSS feeds: It is the method that interest us in this post, the one we will use to drive free blog and website traffic automatically and passively.
Each board you create can be followed by others users. You can follow others board to get updates. Updates are emailed to users and appear in their scoop dashboard.
To resume the philosophy of scoop it content curator, you scoop content to your followers and scoop it users. They scoop your content to their followers, share it on social networks and check out your meaningful sharing.
How to get increase your blog traffic or website traffic with scoop.it?
You already know how scoop.it works. To get free blog traffic and website traffic, it’s all depends on followers. The more followers a topic get, the more users will receive email with your link in it, more views for your website.
Recall that a topic on Scoop.it is a board where you scoop contents that go under a related category or custom interest (As your heart wish, you own it). You can also submit your scoop to topic you do not own but just follow. It will request topic owner approbation but it is the best ways to get instant traffic as new topic for new user get limited audience.
Here is the steps to increase your web traffic freely with scoop.it
- Create 5 topics or board: Make the topics related to top categories on scoop.it. Such information are available at site top menu. Design your topic with custom background, profile picture, etc…
- Set topic sources and scoop contents: Add sources for your topic, mean, where scoop.it must look for content to suggest you to add to your topic. If you are building a self promotional topic, add your own RSS feed. If you are building an interest topic, add popular sources such as Google, twitter, scoop.it itself. Fill your broads with useful content.
- Follow popular topic: Search for popular subject and follow them. By following popular topic, you can submit your content to them. If topic owner accept your suggestion, your traffic will dramatically increase. I got 631 views and 65 tweets from one accepted suggestions on a topic related to twitter. You may also analyze how they become so popular to increase your own topic.
- Scoop regularly and improve quality score: Scoop.it feature post based on score which may gained by activities and user interaction on your sharing. Scoop regularly and scoop attractive content that call user interaction. Make an attractive headline, pick the most descriptive content picture, add a meaningful description and watch your traffic grow!
- Add sharing buttons on your posts: Scoop.it comes with browsers bookmark buttons, site sharing buttons and are available inside addthis sharing tool. Add addthis buttons or scoop.it buttons next to your content to allow users to scoop your content. The more sharing, the wider audience, the more visitors for your website.
- Add related tags: Tags play a big role. If a topic had scoop.it as sources, the matching tags will make your scoop available for suggestions. More people will share and you know what happen next.
Each sharing get social buttons, your content will be published to popular social networks if users like it.
It is an awesome opportunity to increase blog traffic or website traffic for free with scoop.it! Create your free account today and enjoy!